Hard Drive Replaced, Worked, Now No Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive Replaced, Worked, Now No Picture

I replaced the Hard Drive. Went through the TIVO guided setup. I had audio and video and all seemed to be working fine. Now I have no video, although the audio is working. What could have happened? I have checked to see if my VCR is working and that also gives me audio, but no video. I also have hooked the cable directly into the TV and get only audio, no video.

With some reluctance, I hooked up another television, and I have both audio and video. Obviously the other television is bad.

The real question is whether I could have really messed something up with my TV? The TV was about 8 years old so i'm not that worried about it, but I don't want to go get a new tv and damage it.

Was it really just coincidental?
    Last edited by whbmoores; 02-07-2007, 01:24 PM. Reason: More info

You should have no reluctance connecting your TiVo to another TV. The failing video input on the old television is not related.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Thank you. Otherwise everything is terrific. It was very easy to do, and i am not a techie by any stretch of the imagination. This was on par with changing a light bulb. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X