DirecTV TiVo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV TiVo

I just got the drive from weaKnees to replace my failing drive. I wanted to confirm that it is pre imaged with everything needed to support my Dual Tuner, DirecTV TiVo box. Is it? I am hoping that once I install it i will just have to reload my season passes and wish lists to get going again. Is that right?

Yes, weaKnees hard drives come pre-loaded with the correct image to get your TiVo booted into Guided Set-up. All we ask as that you order from the correct page for your specific model. And if you're replacing a failing drive, be sure to order a "replace" drive kit rather than an "add" drive kit.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

This is what I bought. Is it the right thing?

rs160r10a - DirecTV R10 TiVo Upgrade Kit: Replace with one 160gb hard drive

Thanks!

Comment

Correct. Let us know how it goes.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

I did the HD swap. Now all is get is the grey screen with Welcome. Powering Up... Any suggestions?

Comment

Are you sure that you have an R10? Is that what it says on the back of your unit?

Also, what happens with your factory drive?

Comment

The Model # is HDVR2. Did I get the right drive? The old drive fired up but still has the same failing drive problems I was having before. Let me know what you think....

Also, I got the drive I did following the online instructions to determine which unit I have. I did this before I pulled the unit from the cabinet. It looks like, from the directions, that the R10 and the HDVR2 look exactly the same inside and out. Different drives though?
              Last edited by baj764; 02-12-2007, 05:36 AM.

Comment

That's exactly the problem. The drive is formatted for an R10 and won't boot an HDVR2. Email us and we can get a swap started.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

WOOHOO!! That was the problem. Got the right drive, popped it in, now everything works like a charm. Couldn't have been easier. You guys rock!!

Comment

Working...
                  X