Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just want to share my success story with WK admins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just want to share my success story with WK admins...

I gotta give props where props are due!

I just successfully completed adding a second drive (a 120GB Hitachi, no doubt) to a Series 2 DT unit by using your TwinBreeze kit, as well as the latest weaknees_sata ISO.

The construction and quality of the kit was 10 times better than I ever expected they would be for the price, and your online how to guide was easy to follow and to the point.

FYI: Contrary to what I have read, the Hitachi drive seems to work with the PowerTrip just fine. Also, I was able to use an external USB drive formatted to FAT32 to save the backup to. Very, very cool!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Now my questions:

1. While saving the backup, the size was reported to be about 1200MB, and the backup was fully successful. However, the file is only about 400MB in size. Is the decrepancy becuase of compression? (I used the same syntax as stated in the online directions). Or was the fact that I used an external USB drive a possible no-no. I have not tried to restore the image, and I hope I never have to, but if I do I want it to be a working copy, of course...

2. Since I have not restored the backup yet, I have not had the chance to change the swap file size. With my Tivo storage now being 200GB (80 + 120), would it be smart to change the swap size, and if so, to what? (The default is 127, right?)

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by SummerSoFar; 02-10-2007, 11:01 PM.

Thanks for the post--glad all went well!

1) Yes, you probably are seeing the results of compression.

2) 127 will be just fine with your drive sizes.

Comment

Working...
    X