Series 3 NA Channels Shown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 NA Channels Shown

One of the things I appreciate about the TiVo service is that it only shows programs as available to me if they are actually available to me.

When I received my Series 3, the one additional setup step I needed to do with HD channels was to go through the channel list and deactivate the ones I do not actually receive through my Comcast service.

With my new Series 3, however, when I go to "Find" a program via a channel search, my Tivo shows me channels I don't actually receive. This happens even though I have deactivated them from my channel list.

I discovered this when I went to watch a show I had recorded only to find that it had recorded a blank screen since I didn't receive that channel.

Is this my imagination, or is it actually happening?

We haven't seen that, but can't you still delete them after the auto-discovery?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Although I'm not sure what "them" you're referring to in you question, I'm confident I can delete anything relevant.

The problem is that, when searching, TiVo shows programs that I don't actually get.

Last night I went through my channel list and found a few that were still in my list that were not getting a signal. I removed them from my list. Still, when I did a search, programs on those channels showed up as available.

It is possible they do not show up in any kind of search, thus they might not show up with a keyword wish list search, but I haven't played junior scientist enough to eliminate all variables yet.

Comment

OK, operator error.

The program I had originally set with a season pass on a HD channel I didn't receive, also showed up on another completely different, non-HD channel. Thus, the program I "saw" as available that I knew was not available was on the different channel.

So, to quote the late, famous commentator on our times, Emily Litella, "never mind."

Comment

Working...
        X