Series 1(PTV100)Networking Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1(PTV100)Networking Question

I have a series 1 (PTV100-phillips) that has an ethernet Edge card on the motherboard from 9thtee. I've had this thing for about 5 years. Recently the tivo box has been packed away for 2 years and now I've brought it out again (I moved). Trying to set it back up again but it won't connect to the Tivo Service (I have a lifetime on the box). I called Tivo to make sure (via serial number) that everything is ok with the service and it is. So what I use to do is connect a wireless bridge to back of tivo and then to my home network. When that bridge failed I started running an RJ45 line once a week directly to the Tivo for updates. Now when I attempt to connect either via a new WET54g bridge or direct Ethernet, I get "Failed, Tivo Service unavailable". In checking, my Tivo box gets an IP address and I can ping it from the router and I see it's MAC address on my router. Not sure where to go to next. What I'm trying to do is setup again to change to from Satellite to Cable setup. Does this have to be done by modem first? Because my modem is fried and that's why I went network to begin with. Any help would be appreciated.

-J

Not sure what an Edge card is, but can you try dialing in with the modem again and let us know what error message you get?
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X