New Drive Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drive Problems

I just installed a new WeaKness drive in my Directv Tivo. Install of new drive went smooth. Powered up and the new drive started to worked fine. By the next day I had all the channels that I had before. Now for the problem: After watching only the second show I recorded, it now takes anywhere from 30-60 seconds from the time you push a button on the remote for the Tivo to make the change. I have restarted and unplugged twice, but it still take 30-60 seconds for each button click. I even replaced the batteries in the remote, but it still has problems. Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

What was the reason you replaced your previous drive?
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

The reason I replace the drive was because my TiVo would freeze at random times while watching recordings or live TV. Video stops and starts at random times.

I tried to watch one show last night with the new drive. 15 minutes into the show, Tivo decides to go to the “Powering Up” screen. Everything started up fine, but as soon as I hit any button on the remoter, it would take a minute for the Tivo to react.

I plan on swapping out the new drive for the old one to see if the delay problem is the Tivo or hard drive.

Comment

Check out this blog post:

http://www.wkblog.com/2006/07/my_tiv...d_working.html
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I removed the new Weakness hard drive and replaced my old hard drive into my Tivo. Everything works fine except for the occasional hic up when playing back shows. The remote worked fine also. So how do I go about switching out the Weaknees hard drive for another one?

Comment

We've never seen a drive cause remote problems. We can reformat it, but we're pretty sure it won't help your problems there.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

When I had the new drive in the Tivo, I would hit the list button on the remote, a "bong" noise would be heard on the TV like normal. Than 60+ seconds latter the list of recorded shows would show up, one at a time. If I select a show and go to the next menu, this would take 60+ seconds to go to the next screen. Every screen I go to would take 60+ seconds for it to show up. I figured it was something with the remote. But with my old drive back in the Tivo, I’m able to fly through the menus with no delay. So it has to be the hard drive.

What is the procedure for sending back the hard drive and getting a replacement one?

Comment

Feel free to call Monday through Friday 9-5 Pacific or email [email protected]
                That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
                X