Multi Tivos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Tivos

Are all the codes listed for Tivo in universal remote directions the other codes you can set any Tivo to? If so are they in same order as on the tivo?

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/.../285/related/1 This is what I want to do but with two universal remotes. I assume if I set one 2 the other to 3 guessing the first listed for remotes is 0 and 2 and 3 will be 1 and 2. I need to do this because I have a IR extender in room so I only need one cable company DVR and a tivo in both rooms.

Comment

I really don't understand this last post. You can uniquely identify each TiVo. Why won't this work for you?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

What I'm asking is if I change the remote address of one tivo to 1 and the other to 2 will one of the various codes listed for tivo on my universal remote work, or only a tivo remote.

Comment

Unless you can set the universal remote to a unique number also (I'm pretty sure Logitechs can do that), it'll remain at 0, which is read by all TiVos.

Comment

They all list several for tivo (remotes) I will try it. Just did not feel like it last night after setting up tivo I got yesterday. Did not even think about every button I pressed was going into another room to that tivo. Luckily did not reset it.

Comment

But if none of the codes mention that they use the TiVo numbering system, I'd bet they're just for variations of the TiVo peanut remote. I really doubt that would do it.

Comment

Working...
              X