Upgrade drive size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade drive size

I am trying to upgrade my dual tuner TIVOdt649080 to a larger hard drive. I have a Seagate 300 Gig drive. My original drive (80 gig) that came with the TIVO works great, I just want a larger drive. When I restore to the new 300 Gig drive, I only get 147 hours of capacity, about half of what I should get with a 300 Gig drive. Any thoughts on the problem?

Sounds like you may have left out the "x" in your restore command.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The restore command I am using containes "-xzpi" and i have been replacing the "z" in the command with the drive letter for the target (new) drive. Is that correct or should i use the command with the "z" in it as is?

Thanks,
      Lou

Comment

That's an error, actually.

Code:
        -xzpi
        should be entered as it appears above, with no substitutions.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

I tried it again with "-xzpi" entered and still had the same result. Here is the string as i enter it where "^" is a space:

mfsbackup^-f^9999^-so^-^/dev/hdd^|^mfsrestore^-s^127^-r^4^-xzpi^-^/dev/hdb

The old TIVO drive is the seconday slave and the new Tivo is the Primary slave. I must have somehting wrong. The BIOS sees all 300 gig.

Lou

Comment

The problem is likely that you are in the wrong Linux kernel. You are in an older version of Linux that only supports up to 137 GB of space per drive, so you got cut off there.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you. that sounds like the problem. Any suggestions where I can get a newer version of Linux?

Thanks again.
              Lou

Comment

I am using the version mfstools2.iso I downloaded from http://hellcat.tyger.org/MFS/2.0/.

Comment

OK - that's likely the floppy. Try our file from the file area here:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com
                  Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X