DirecTivo hangup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTivo hangup

I have a Hughes SD-DVR40 DirecTivo. The hard drive has been showing signs of going, so I decided to replace it. I got a Western Digital 160 GB drive and followed the Hinsdale instructions.

When I got to step 9 (testing the backup image I'd made), I loaded the image onto the new 160GB drive, connected the drive, and connected the Tivo. When I turned it on, I got the green screen of doom. After leaving it alone, the green screen had disappeared, but now the unit just hangs up on the "DirecTV Almost there just a few minutes more" screen. I checked the jumper settings and made sure the IDE and power cables are connected tightly. Any suggestions? Should I start from scratch with the interactive instructions? Would I need to format the new 160 GB drive in some way if I do that?

Thanks.

The first thing to try is to pull the plug and restart the TiVo. Have you tried that? Also, check to be sure that all of your internal cables are connected securely. If that doesn't work, it might also be a good idea to try restoring onto your 160gb again.

Comment

Working...
    X