Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING!!! Don't buy or lease the HR-20!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING!!! Don't buy or lease the HR-20!

Someone at DirecTV owes me this week’s 2-hour episode of American Idol in HD. Your HR-20 machine thought that it was recording it for me, but when I went to play it, all I got was two seconds of garbled video and then it asked me if I wanted to delete it. (this has happened several times already) Please send me the episode on DVD. I don’t care how you get it, just send it to me. And while you’re at it, please thank the amateur software engineers that programmed that piece of junk. And you can thank the executive morons that decided to produce their own machine and software instead of sticking with a proven (and better) technology like TiVo. Thanks guys! That was brilliant! I hope you all get fired! (just the executives that made that bonehead decision, not everyone else) One of your customer service reps already called me about my previous complaint and their solution was to tell me, “yeah, the software sucks, but we’re working on it.” And they gave me three months of Showtime for free to make up for my constant frustration. Wow, I feel better already. I am going to ask you one more time, why should I continue to give my business to DirecTV? Digital cable or the Dish Network seem to be much better options at this point, don’t you think? You’re lucky it was only American Idol that I missed. If it was Prison Break or 24, I would have already been on the phone to Dish Network or Time Warner Cable. But I still expect you to send me the episode of American Idol that I missed. Tell those software engineers or executives to do it. By the way, I saved this email and I am going to share it with as many people on the internet as possible. I think a few strategically chosen comments and reviews ought to do the trick. I will even share this with the TiVo guys, they should get a good laugh out of it. Don’t bother contacting me about this issue, I don’t need any more free premium channels. It’s only a matter of time now. Either you all come out with a software update to correct these issues, or a completely new machine, one of the two, otherwise I am taking my business elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the HR20. If you want to get back to TiVo with HD, you should look at the TiVo Series 3 unit because it's really excellent.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X