Reuse Upgrade Drive Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuse Upgrade Drive Again?

In the past, I purchased an RCA DVR40 TiVo Upgrade Kit to add a second drive (160gb) hard drive. This increased my space in my DVR40 to over 170 hrs just like I wanted. Recently, my DVR40 has died Directv no longer offers the RCA DVR40 so they are sending the R10 model.

Can I use the "used" secondary 160gb drive to extend the R10 space? Is there some sort of formatting I need to apply to it first or will this be take care of automatically?

I will be researching the forums on this topic but I wanted to get some feedback from the experts as well.

Thanks!!!

Are you sure you're getting an R10 and not an R15? They claim they aren't sending out R10s anymore . . .

Anyway, you'd need to freshly format the drive to get it to work in the other unit.

What's wrong with this unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes. They already send me an R10 last week that was DOA. I should know today of the seconrd replacement is the expected R10 and then I should be able to do what I want.

Comment

OK - you'll still need to reformat the add-on drive.

Comment

Thanks. For the second replacement they sent me an R15. After a week and a half I ended up missing recordings as they just stopped after 10-12 mins for no apparent reason and the unit reboot twice on me during normal operation. I had all the latest software updates from them to - I figured this model would be getting stable by now....this is worse then Windows ME (HA!)

Anyhow, I ended up instacaking two new drives after testing my original and the WK upgrade I ahve had for a few years. The maxtor was clicking away and was apparently bad.

I deactivated the R15 and the RCA DirecTIVO LIVES AGAIN! If I had known it would be this easy to do I would have skipped all the headaches.

Thanks for the suggests that WK can offer!!!!!

Comment

Glad you're up and running again!

Comment

Working...
            X