downgrade my tivo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downgrade my tivo?

OK. So my TiVo works just fine. However I'm looking to sell it to a friend so I can get a new one. I have an S2 with the standard 80 GB drive, and it also has an additional 100GB drive that I put in a little while after I bought it. I want to remove the 100GB drive and just leave the 80GB in when I get rid of it. I don't care about saving my shows or anything like that, I just want it back to its original out of the box state. I'm sure there is something out there that shows how to do this, but I think I'm just blind and can't find it. If someone out there could please help me, that would be really great.

Thanks!

Basically, you need to do a backup to a file, then a restore. You can use these instructions:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com

Just opt for the backup. Once you've made the backup file, start over using the instructions that take a backup file and put it back on a hard drive.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I've been trying to do this all day, but the instructions are hard to follow with little detail. With so many users downgrading because of the economy, selling units, etc, it would be nice to have a downgrade guide. Right now I'm so frustrated with it that I will probably just give up my extra HD.

Comment

I'm sorry to say, it's just really not something we have time to write up.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X