X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore Error and New drive software

After about 60% of the way through, my restore failed with the error code:

Restore Failed: Internal Error 3.s

All the drives were recognized and the restore was proceeding. But, it was stumbling (freeze for a bit) every so often. Since this is exactly what the drive was doing when it was in the Tivo unit (eg-the reason I am trying to replace it), I am assuming that this error means that my previous Tivo drive was just too far gone to backup properly. Does anyone think that doing a restore again would have different results?

If not, then I need to ask if there is any way to write the Tivo software directly to the new drive without doing a backup? I didn't see any mention of this either on the Hinsdale intructions or the other process. They all just talked about doing backups. If possible, this would mean that I would lose all my settings. But, I guess I have no choice at this point. If anyone knows where I can get the software needed to use a blank drive, please let me know.

Originally posted by RadRich View Post
    After about 60% of the way through, my restore failed with the error code:

Restore Failed: Internal Error 3.s

All the drives were recognized and the restore was proceeding. But, it was stumbling (freeze for a bit) every so often. Since this is exactly what the drive was doing when it was in the Tivo unit (eg-the reason I am trying to replace it), I am assuming that this error means that my previous Tivo drive was just too far gone to backup properly. Does anyone think that doing a restore again would have different results?

If not, then I need to ask if there is any way to write the Tivo software directly to the new drive without doing a backup? I didn't see any mention of this either on the Hinsdale intructions or the other process. They all just talked about doing backups. If possible, this would mean that I would lose all my settings. But, I guess I have no choice at this point. If anyone knows where I can get the software needed to use a blank drive, please let me know.
    You can buy an instacake CD for $20. http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/instantcake.cfm
    or a new drive with software loaded here or there.

Comment

I am having this exact same problem I think...

Restore failed :Internal error : 3.s (58.32%)

Trying to upgrade a 40GB Series 2 to a 160GB Drive.
      I've tried two different new hard drives.
      Is this a problem with my original drive ?
      And is instacake the only way to solve it ?

Thanks for a very informative forum.

Comment

Working...
      X