Series3 TiVo - Noise Levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series3 TiVo - Noise Levels?

I've seen a lot on the web about the noise of upgraded Series3 boxes, and it seems that everywhere (except on your web site) people now agree that Weaknees has the quietest Series3 boxes around, bar none.

I've seen a blog post about it. I've seen people argue over what you do, and I've seen people get mad even.

Yet they all agree that the Weaknees units are the quietest.

So do you agree? What's the secret recipe?

To be honest, we can't really comment directly on the issue, but we can concur that we have not had a single complaint about noise since the change.

Any customer with a unit that seemed noisy before that wished for a quieter unit now has one. And they've all been very, very pleased with the new units.

This applies both to complete units, and to drives.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I purchased a Series 3 from WeaKnees and was disappointed by the ticking sound of the hard drive. One simple telephone call to WeaKnees got the problem fixed. And fixed fast. They e-mailed me a free United Parcel Service shipping label. I tracked the shipping number and was very pleased when I saw that they shipped my unit back to me the same day that they received it. When I re-connected it, I had to make sure it was on because it was so quiet. I left both cable cards in the machine when I shipped it. Within 10 minutes it connected to the Tivo service to down load new program info.

This was my third purchase from WeaKnees in the past 4 years. I am a native New Yorker and have found them to be honest and reliable. I would not even consider buying from anyone else.

I used to think my Series 2 was great. It’s just a rookie compared to this Series 3 with a 750GB hard drive!

Hope that answers your questions.

Comment

Working...
      X