TIVO died - what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIVO died - what do I do?

I have a WK upgrade from back in 2002 in my Phillips HDR 312 TIVO. I think I had a 30 and I added your 120. Now I'm stuck with "Powering". So what do I do?

Do I just get a new kit and take out the 30 and use it with 120? Do I need anything else?!!?!

Easiest thing to do would be to just buy a replacement kit and replace both drives with 1 or 2 new ones. You can do that here

The reason you can't just replace the 30gb drive, is because the 120gb is slaved to that 30gb master and will not work with any other drive. The only way to get the 120gb to work is to A) reformat it as a standalone master drive or B) buy a new master drive and send the 120gb drive in to be formatted together with it.
    Wiva Las Wegas

Comment

Are you Jimmy James.. Capitalist lion tamor?

Or Jimmy James Macho Business Donkey Wrestler?

J/k folks.. NewRadio humor..

Comment

Reformatting "Add-On"

WK-Max,

Like 'jimmyjames', my primary HD (40GB in 540040 Series 2) won't get past "Powering Up..." screen, so I ordered an 80-GB replacement drive from WK earlier this week. I was thinking I could use an 120-GB add-on I'd bought from WK last year, but from your note, sounds like the old add-on drive won't work with the new master.

If I send my add-on 120GB drive to you guys for the $55 fee, I assume you won't need the new master sent back with it? Your note says "formatted together", so I wanted to see how literal this was!

Thanks,

Comment

Actually, we do need the 120 also . . . have you tested the 120 to be sure it's OK? If one drive failed, whatever took it out might have hurt the other one also.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I now realize you need the 120GB drive, what I was asking is if you need the new master drive back when I send the 120GB drive to be reformatted? I ordered the new master without sending the old add-on, should get it in the mail in next day or so...just wondered if I had to pack them *both*, or could send just the old 120 add-on by itself.

As for checking the old one, no, I haven't checked it out. I'll plan to do so before sending it to you.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately we do need both. We can only prep add-on drives to work with original factory drives, or other un-expanded A drives.

Comment

"Refurbished" unit master matter?

Does the slave-master thing make a difference if the master is in a factory-refurbished unit? Or does that not matter?

Comment

If the refurb has a stock-sized drive, then we can format the B drive without the A drive.

Comment

Working...
                  X