USB to Ethernet Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB to Ethernet Problem

In order to take advantage of TiVo Transfer (Part of Toast 8) on my Macintosh I decided to replace the Netgear USB 802.11g adapter on my Pioneer 57H (software v.8.1) TiVo series 2 with a Belkin USB 10/100 Ethernet adapter in order to speed up the transfers.

I plugged in the USB to Ethernet adapter, rebooted the TiVo and the TiVo was recognized by my router and assigned an IP address.
    I tested the network connection and the TiVo successfully completed the built-in Networking test.
    I was able to log-in to my TiVo from my Mac by typing its IP address into my web browser.
    The TiVo updated it’s program guide successfully via the new USB to Ethernet adapter.
    What I can't do is to transfer any programs from my TiVo to my Mac (something I had done, although painfully slowly via the USB to 802.11g adapter).
    TiVo Transfer does not ‘see’ my TiVo.
    In fact, if I try to find the TiVo via Bonjour networking, it does not exist.
    I’ve rebooted the TiVo, router and Mac but I continue to have the issue.

Do you know what I’m doing wrong or have advice on what to try?

Thanks for your time!

You need Roxio Toast to get the files to a Mac:

http://www.weaknees.com/toast
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply Michael.
      I should have been more clear.
      I am using Toast 8, TiVo Transfer is the application that is part of Toast 8 and it is responsible for communicating with the TiVo units on the local network.
      TiVo Transfer uses Bonjour networking only...I can't manually give TiVo Transfer the IP address of my TiVo.
      So that is my problem.
      I can see my TiVo if I ping it but it is invisible in Bonjour.

Thanks.

Comment

Are you on the same subnet?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X