Replace drives on Philips Series 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace drives on Philips Series 1

I'm still milking my lifetime subscription on my only tivo - an 8 year old Philips series 1. A few years ago I added a maxtor 80 gig drive to the original single 30 gig drive. Within a year, I started hearing grindy noises so assuming it was the tired old 30 gig quantum drive, I bought a new drive then opened the tivo only to find that it was the new maxtor! So I blew off the project, figuring that I should replace both drives. 2 years later, the drive is very loud and I finally bought 2 WD 120 gig drives. I thought I read that 250 gig was the max the tivo would support so that's why I kept below that.

Reading through my original upgrade instructions, I'm confused by the following FAQ:

Can I take out a drive I have blessed and put in a larger or different blessed drive?
    NO! Once you bless a drive and power up your TiVo with it, you can NOT take it out and replace it with another blessed drive. The only way to do this is to restore your A drive backup and start over.

Any ideas of what approach I should be using?

Much Appreciated!
    Roland

You need to program your two 250gb drives together, as dual drives. Also, FYI, the limit is 137gb per drive.

If you want us to program them for you, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

Working...
    X