New TIVO PC desktop software beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TIVO PC desktop software beta

Has anyone else used the new tivo desktop beta software? While the pc does show up on the tivo and you can transfer tivo'd shows back from the pc back onto the tivo, it also claims that you can transfer MPEG4, AVI's, wmv, etc. I have pretty much tried all of them, and while the tivo does see the actual name of the file on the now playing screen, when you go to transfer it onto the tivo it says that the file cannot be found? Am I doing something wrong or is it a beta flaw? Nothing really on the tivo website about this yet, since it is still a beta. Please help???

How long was the transfer taking? Were they immediate?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I am not sure what you are referring to about that?

The transfer never took place, you would get a message that says the file was not found on the pc, even though you could see the file name when you clicked on the pc icon in the playlist of shows on the tivo?? And what do you mean by "immediate"

Comment

Well, that was my point - there was never really a transfer attempt. You may have a PC issue, but are you sure the files are a compatible format? Can you play them on the PC?

Comment

yes it does work with others

for instance, I transferred back a show I recorded on tivo that was sitting on my pc, and I was able to access from the tivo and bring it back onto the tivo, but, no matter what format I chose from the given formats that the tivo desktop software says it will allow for transfer on the tivo, it will see it but not allow a transfer, it just attempts it and says it is not found before it ever starts? I have been able to play all of those formats of the shows/movies on my pc in any and all of those formats?? The only format the tivo seems to allow is the "tivo" format, basically a show that was taped on tivo and then transferred to your pc. So that really isn't anything special, kinda defeats the purpose of the new software, doesn't it??

Comment

Right - that's not good at all.

Is it possible that you have directory corruption on your PC and that the software can't find the files? Have you tried checking your drive?

Comment

like i said, the other files are in the same folder

I can't imagine that is the case, since it is the same folder that the tivo stores them in, and I even put a shortcut in there as they reccomended to another folder location and put the files in that alternate location, with no luck??

Comment

OK - but run a test from the system utilities. If the tables are corrupt, then the application wouldn't make this work.

Comment

did that, no errors, now what do you reccomend?

I am at a loss on how to get this to work??

Comment

Sorry to say, we really can't troubleshoot the problem since the software just works for us. Maybe try TiVo - or their forums.

I wish we had more PC experience . . . but we're all about TiVo.

Comment

Working...
                    X