How to identify Weaknees drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to identify Weaknees drive?

Is there any way to identify which software configuration is installed on a Weaknees drive? I am wondering because, after installing my new 250gig drive in my Toshiba RS-TX60, it will not get past the "Powering Up" screen. I have double-checked connections but this behavior is consistent. I assume it is either a bad drive or a bad Tivo configuration installed on the drive. One clue that it might be a bad configuration is that the instructions included were for SERIES2 TiVo (TCD130040 TCD140060).

A bit more confusion is that the order reciept references SKU "RS250TV60" for the product: Toshiba RS-TX60 but if you go to the following link: "http://www.weakness.com/details2/rs250tv60.php" it reference the model TCD140060, same as the instructions. RS250TX60 is also hand-written on the box.

My original drive is still working, so I replaced it and have sent a note to Weaknees. I hope they will stand behind their product, even though I received the drive in mid February, since it has taken me this long to get around to watching or burning what I wanted to keep.

Thanks...

You've got a six-month warranty. We've sent instructions for repair, so whatever the problem is, we'll fix it and get it back to you right away.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X