Tivo HD and Cable DVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo HD and Cable DVR

I just bought a Tivo HD series 3 (cable cards) and have a dvr from my cable provider. What is the best way to connect both units on my Sony Bravia with 3 HDMI inputs? I would like to possibly record 4 things at once.

Any reason not to just split the signal coming out of the wall, then connect one leg to each of the DVRs? Then use each DVR's HDMI port and you should be all set.

You might end up with a lapful of remotes at the end . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The signal is being split out of the wall (4 way splitter) for a cable modem, set-top box in the bedroom and Tivo HD in the Living room. Should I just get a 5 way splitter and connect my provider DVR in the living room as well or should I split the signal again (2 way splitter) between the Tivo and Cable DVR in the living room? Also, will splitting too many times cause the signal to deteriorate?

Thanks,

Any reason not to just split the signal coming out of the wall, then connect one leg to each of the DVRs? Then use each DVR's HDMI port and you should be all set.

You might end up with a lapful of remotes at the end . . .

Comment

You should be able to just split it again, but you might need an amplifier in there. Most of what you care about is digital, so it shouldn't matter too much. Is your 1x4 amplified?

Comment

No, the 1x4 is not amplified.

Comment

Well, no reason not to just try it and see. It may be fine unamplified.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X