restore from cd instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore from cd instructions

I am trying to restore my image from a cd to a new hard drive and after printing your upgrade instructions it says that " at the prompt, issue the following command (potentially changing "hda1" as in the note above for cds)

mount /dev/hdW1 /mnt

I have my main hard drive on primary master, I have the floppy on secondary master and I have the new hard drive for tivo as the secondary slave.

Also, it says when shutting down it says hit ctrl-alt-delete and waiting until the linux has halted

How do I know when linux has haltted? how long does it take from when linux has halted to windows rebooting? or does it?

thanks

Linux will say "halted" at the end (or something similar - my memory is bad for that).

If the image is on CD, you need to mount the CD. So you need to make hdW1 the specifier for the CD drive.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

so to make my cd drive hdw1 do I have to put it in the primary master spot and then the new drive in the secondary master spot?

Comment

That should work.

Comment

I have the cd drive in the primary master and that is the only spot that it will boot to the weeknees custom boot cd from there I have the hard drive on the secondary master and the secondary slave I have the cd with the image on it. it says to boot to linux hit enter which I do, then it goes through a whole bunch of writing then it says weeknees #

from there I am stuck?

Comment

No - that's right. You just need this info now:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com

Comment

Working...
            X