Networking Hughes SD-DVR40 with WeaKnees USB NIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking Hughes SD-DVR40 with WeaKnees USB NIC

I used PVTUpgrade and Instant Cake to rebuild one of my Hughes SD-DVR40 with a 160-GB hard drive. In the process of applying the upgrades, I enabled the two USB ports, turned on DHCP, et al. In short, I applied and enabled all the "hacks," disabling only the analog and network calling features. When I plugged in one of the USB network controllers I bought from WeaKnees however, I am unable to put my "hacked" TiVo on my network. When I plug the network controller into either of the USB ports, the green LEDs (USB Power and Link), light for just an instant, and then they both go dark. When I plug the same network controller to my "unhacked" Direct TiVo, the USB Power LED lights, but the Link does not (which makes sense because I have not enabled networking on it). Since I have two brand new USB network controllers from WeaKnees, I have been able to verify this behavior with each controller. So, I know that the controllers are both behaving the same way--that the are both in working order. Do you suppose this is a driver issue? During the PVTUpgrade setup process, it asked if I wanted to use a USB 2.0 driver, and I'd imagine that the USB ports on the older Direct TiVos are USB 1.1. If so, I guess I can "rebake" my drive using PVTUpgrade (now known as DVRUpgrade) and instant cake, choosing not to use a 2.0 driver. By the way, who manufactures the WeaKnees USB NIC? I was unable to find it make on the hardware? Thanks.

To be honest, our adapters are approved for use on Series2 TiVos without DirecTV. We don't get involved with the hacks and so we really don't know if this is compatible with those.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks for the quick reply I'll find an approved NIC.

Comment

If you actually find a list, please post it (or a link to it) here.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Here's a list. Every adaptor may not work with all setups. YMMV

Comment

Working...
          X