Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a TiVo dial-in phone number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a TiVo dial-in phone number?

For a variety of reasons, you may need to make a phone connection to TiVo using a different access number. Your current access number might be busy or too slow, you might have switched to VOiP and need a more robust connection, or you might want to dial from a different location than the TiVo "thinks" it's in.

In this case, you can choose from a list of local TiVo access numbers based on area code by visiting here:

http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-misc/popfinder.do

The phone number can be entered in your phone options under Dial Prefix, after any other codes you might already have entered.
    That's all there is to it!

Digital Phone issues in NYC

I just signed up for digital phone service (internet and cable too) through Time Warner cable in NYC. My TiVO has not successfully made a daily call via my external WeaKnees modem since the switch. I am able to successfully connect, go through Housekeeping and get to Downloading status. However, the call fails ("Failed. Call interrupted") before the download completes. Can anyone recommend a "robust" dial-in number some way to reset the TiVO or modem so it will not fail the call before the download is complete?

Comment

Try slowing the modem a bit more:

,#396

instead of:

,#319

Also, see if you have a "bandwidth saver" or something similar in your settings, and allocate the maximum bandwidth to the digital phone line.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        Try slowing the modem a bit more:

,#396

instead of:

,#319

Also, see if you have a "bandwidth saver" or something similar in your settings, and allocate the maximum bandwidth to the digital phone line.

Where should this be entered on the TiVo?

Comment

As a "dialing prefix."

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
            As a "dialing prefix."
            If I already use #70, as my dialing prefix in order to temporarily disable call waiting can I use these other prefixes in conjunction with that? If so, which would be entered first?

Thanks,
            Frank

Comment

It would be

,#319,,#70,,

(You sure it's not *70?)

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
                It would be

,#319,,#70,,

(You sure it's not *70?)

You are correct. It is *70. Thanks!

Comment

Right - the "#" sign is basically a way to address the port or the TiVo specifically, and the "*" is talking to the phone company.

Comment

Working...
                  X