Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up a show onto DVD disc

Hi,

I have a Series 2 standalone 40 gig using a TiVo wireless for networking. I purchased a 300gig recently, but before I swap out the HD, I want to burn the existing shows onto a DVD disc.

I've downloaded one of the shows onto my PC via Tivo's To Go software, the show is in a Windows Media format. Is it possible to change the format to DVD form so I can burn it via Nero or Roxio?

Thanks for any help or suggestions and for the quick shipment of the 300gig.

You need Sonic's MyDVD software to be able to burn transferred files from a PC to a DVD. It has the right transcoder.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I got Sonic's MyDVD software when Tivo's To Go software came out. I don't use it any more. Not even installed.

I been using VideoReDo Plus. It can load the .tivo videos and save them out to .mpg. Between that you can cut out parts you don't want in the .mpg. From mpg you can use about any softwere to put it to DVD.

-Raymond Day

Comment

may be an old thread, but i chose a different method that works well and simple to use.

I use a program called Direct Show Dump Utility to convert the files from from .tivo to standard .mpg format

Comment

Working...
        X