Series 1 Tivo and DirecTv H20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 Tivo and DirecTv H20

I have an old series 1 TiVo with a lifetime subscription and just signed up for DirecTv (H20) from cable. I would like to be able to record on the series 1 from the H20 but cannot figure out how. Any ideas? I know I wont be able to record in HD.

You should be able to use the composite outputs (yellow/red/white) and connect them to the TiVo. Then use the IR cable from the TiVo to control the H20. You'll need to redo Guided Setup to tell the TiVo about the new set top box.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I understand all the above, but the series 1 tivo does not list Directv as a cable/satellite box.

I could go thru them all one at a time, but that would take ... oh... a full day.

Does anyone know what other brand of box, listed on the series 1, will operate the DirectV standard box?

Comment

Try using the code for the DirecTV D10 or D11 or D12 - they should all be the same as the code for the H20. If you don't have any DirecTV units listed at all, you probably need to dial in for a software update.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X