daily phone call problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daily phone call problem

one of my two Samsung S4120 D.Tv tivos never manages to make a daily phone call it tries to call but the red light just stays on all the time ,I know that the phone lines aren't the problem because either one of them works fine on my A unit but not on the B unit I also tried restarting the B unit but it didn't make any difference,I then tried turning off the dial tone detection for the B unit but still no luck,and even when I tried several times to do a test call manually via the phone trouble shooting I just kept getting a failed call notice so does this mean the phone modem in the unit itself is bad ? and if it is then can the modem itself be replaced or is it attached to the mother board and I would have to replace the motherboard to fix this problem ? everything else works OK on the unit it will record programs fine and play recorded programs so I realize that it's not a problem as far as that area is concerned but I would like to fix this so I don't miss any software updates and so I don't keep getting the annoying message from D.Tv about having not made a call in for several wks, Thanks.

Have you tried listening in on the line to see what is happening? Assuming it isn't dialing, then you likely do have a modem problem, and you might consider this:

http://www.weaknees.com/modem.php

The modem is not easily fixed/replaced cost-effectively...you are much better off with an external.

Also, FYI, a DIRECTV TiVo does not have to dial in to function, once it has dialied in initially after it is set up.

Comment

Working...
    X