New external modem; daily call succeeds but no program guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New external modem; daily call succeeds but no program guide

I ordered the weaknees replacement modem kit since my tivo's modem got fried in a t-storm a week or so ago. I got the modem set up, and have successfully made the test call and two daily calls with the new modem... however my program guide is not getting updated. All channels still show "to be announced" and "daily call required". I restarted the tivo but that didn't help. Anyone know how to make it pick up the program guide data?

Thanks!

That may mean you have a drive problem also.

If you go to System Information, what do you see for the status of the last call? You may need to page down to see it.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      That may mean you have a drive problem also.

If you go to System Information, what do you see for the status of the last call? You may need to page down to see it.
      It says the last call was successful, Tuesday May 29 at 6:02pm. Last attempt and last successful are the same date/time.

It did run out of program guide data several days ago, although it was recording shows ok up thru the 25th (after which it ran out of guide data).

Comment

This might work...

I tried the "repeat guided setup" under my tivo's system reset menu. The call certainly seemed to take longer, and while there's no guide data yet, now the shows say "Title available soon" instead of "Make daily call now". It also said during the setup process that it might take 4-8 hrs for it to organize the program guide. So, here's hoping that works. I guess I'll know later tonight.

Comment

All better now, and it didn't even take 4 hours.

Thanks for the new modem, it's working great!

Comment

OK - great!
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X