Wavy Tivo Picture (DirecTV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wavy Tivo Picture (DirecTV)

I have an older Hughes DirecTV tivo box we have been using for about 3 years with no problems. Latley I've noticed a very visible wavy pattern on shows playing from the unit (live TV and DVDs have no issue). Is this an indication of my unit going bad?

Assuming I don't want to switch away from TiVo (love it) and can't go to cable (Sunday Ticket Package), what is my best course of action? I don't have a HD TV, if that matters.

We have replacement DirecTV TiVo units still, so if you need one, we can sell you one.

Wavy lines might mean a bad motherboard, but they also might be inteference. Have you tried moving your components around and trying different cables?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks -

I don't think it is interference, I've moved a bunch of stuff around. Could interference come from the dish on the roof?

If I replace the unit by buying one from you guys, will my current card work, or will I have to call DirecTV?

Thanks-

Comment

Do you have it connected to a surge protector or UPS? If so, you might try removing that to see if it helps. You might have a bad surge protector/UPS.

If that doesn't work, then yes, your current card should work in our box--but you'd have to call DIRECTV to have the card activated in the replacement unit.

Comment

Working...
        X