Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• series 1 upgrade problem

Hi,

I just upped my 80GB hitachi to a 160GB WD drive in my series 1 Tivo.

The original upgrade to the 80GB went without a hitch a couple of years back but this time, I have a problem.

The drive contents have copied fine and I have all settings, recordings etc etc working fine on the new drive.

(used 'dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/hdb bs=1024k' with orig in secondary master and new in primary slave))

The problem is that when I run the mfsadd (tried both 'mfsadd -x /dev/hdb' & 'mfsadd -r 4 -x /dev/hdb') it comes straight back telling me theres nothing to add and I'm still stuck with the original 80GB capacity on the 160GB drive.

Any ideas please?

The problem is that a drive can only be expanded once. If you want to get a larger drive to replace an already-larger drive you need to lose the recordings. So you'd have to do a backup without recordings, and a then an image restore, with capacity add. You'd lose recordings, but not settings, and you'd get the extra space.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

ah....how annoying.
      But thanks for pointing me in the direction of sanity.

Will my series 1 tivo be able to utilize the full 160GB?
      I'm sure I read somewhere there was some limit of a 130 something GB but its lost in the dim recesses of my already dimming mind.

Comment

Right - the limit for that model is 137 GB per drive, max of two drives.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X