Main purpose of networking directv-tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main purpose of networking directv-tivo

I have a directv tivo HR10-250 and a hughes hdvr-2 receivers, currently not conected to my home network.
    Can someone tell me what would I gain conecting this both receivers to my home network with web access ? They are already conected to a phone line.
    I want to know if its worth it to buy new accesories in order to conect them.
    Thanks

Those units don't do any type of networking - they won't even see the network.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Is there any software upgrades to allow networking DirecTV HR10-250 tivo's?

Comment

There are hacks, but they're pretty unstable and cause lots of problems with OS updates. Unless you're pretty well versed in Linux and don't mind the unit being out of commission on occasion, then you shouldn't get near them.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know!

I am thinking of purchasing a WK TiVo box, since DirecTV wants my old one back in exchange for the MPEG-4 dish, so I can watch local channels in HD.

I'm interested in the answer to the question posed by the thread starter: what will I be able to do with the TiVo on my home network that I am unable to do today?

(I'm looking for ammo to help convince the wife that the expenditure is worthwhile.)

Comment

Originally posted by hey4ndr3w View Post
            what will I be able to do with the TiVo on my home network that I am unable to do today?
            Essentially nothing, as Directv dvrs (TiVo or the in-house DVR Plus) cannot be networked.
            That's all there is to it!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jason View Post
              Essentially nothing, as Directv dvrs (TiVo or the in-house DVR Plus) cannot be networked.
              Sorry, but I have to chime in here. It's not that the DTivo can't be made (hacked) to work on your home network, it's that it is not supported to do so. Try googling tivo zipper. There are a lot of things that make it worth doing. Do some research, find out for yourself.
              Last edited by SteelersFan; 08-07-2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X