From Tivo to DirecTV DVR - AAAUGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Tivo to DirecTV DVR - AAAUGH

I am totally new to the world of postings but have found so much helpful info here that I'm giving it a shot.

We currently have a DirecTV Tivo unit. We loved it so much that we ordered it for my parents in part because it was so easy - but by that time DirecTV had created their own DVR system. I was amazed at how user-unfriendly it was - I find the system unnecessarily complicated & unreliable. Even the remote gives me a headache. Although they've rolled with it, I still feel bad for dropping that thing into my parents' lives.

We now are ready to upgrade to HD-TV, and our dealer told us that to stay with DirecTV (which we really like) we'd have to go with their DVR and couldn't get TiVo. I called TiVo and they said that they didn't do HD, but the gal didn't seem to understand my question. I went to the forums and found lots of people as unhappy as I am with their DirecTV DVR, along with some choice letters written to DirecTV (I just wrote my own).

My options now seem to be to suck it up with the DirecTV equipment (don't like that), wait and hope that they get their acts together (postings here say not to hold out hope for that) or go to cable. We're in Arizona, and our provider is Cox - would one of the WeaKnees TiVo systems work with them?

Any thoughts on this - along with any advice on things I'm missing - would be mightily appreciated!

We have a lot of customers going to cable - that's really the best move these days since the TiVo Series3 HD works amazingly with cable now.

More info about the DirecTV non-TiVo unit is here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X