Stuck on 'Powering Up' X 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck on 'Powering Up' X 2

I have two TIVOS in my house - both for DIRECTV. One is a Hughes GXCEBOT (it's pretty old, but always faithful) and the other is a Phillips DSR704 which has the folders. Or did until last night.

I got hit with a thunderstorm, and there was lightning and the power went out in the neighborhood. When the power came on every came back on (digital clocks a-flashing, of course) but both of my beloved TIVOS were totally dead. Just grey - just 'Powering Up.'

I see that you have new power supplies for the Philips unit, but not for the Hughes. How do I find that or should I just get a new unit since it's so old? I would like to order both in the same order so I can get overnight shipping.

Frankly, it's probably a bit premature to assume that you have power supply problems. It is possible, but the more likely culprit is a bad drive.

You can try a drive, or you can try testing each of your drives in a PC to see if they are still good.

We do expect to have power supplies for the GXCEBOT in the coming weeks, but we also might have replacement units that are not much more expensive.

Generally, though, if you have a bad drive, replacing it is going to be the easiest option.

Comment

Working...
    X