Wireless Network Adapter - Guide Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Network Adapter - Guide Updates

I recetly added the Wireless Network Adapter to my Series3 TiVo. I thought that I read somewhere that the TiVo would go on-line for updates several times a day. However, it only seems to be updating daily. I went looking at the Network Conections (on TiVo) to see if there were any setup options, but do not see any. How should I expect TiVo to behave now, and are there any options?

Thanks!

Right - it'll go out once a day to get guide updates, but it connects much more often in case you've done any online scheduling.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Wireless Network Adapter

I'm still confused... It goes out daily for guide updates, and more often in case of on-line programming? Doesn't it have to log on to get either? So then, doesn't it do both whenever it logs on? If they are seperate operations, and being relative to on-line programming, what does, "...more often" mean? Thanks!

Comment

It basically pings the server for online scheduling requests all day, but since guide at the server only updates once per day, it only gets extra guide data or changes once per day.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X