Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost ip for tivo

Hi!
    I have had a phillips HDR 112 standalone tivo working on my network for over a year without problems until about a week ago, when I decided to upgrade my linksys wireless b router with a wireless g router.
    my network is wired, but my wife got a laptop and wanted to connect at a faster speed.
    I got the tivo preconfigured with an ip address compatible with my network's
    ip range and tivoweb installed.
    When I changed the router, the technical support changed the ip configuration of the network and now the tivo cannot make the daily calls.
    I cannot reconfigure the dialing options because it does not work with the internal modem or an external modem either.
    I am not knowledgeable at all in tivo troubleshooting but I figure I have these options
    1- reset the modem assuming it is not completely broken(but I don't know how)
    2- replace the modem( I have soldering skills but do not know if a repair kit is available or where to get one)
    3-reload the image on the hard drive and go through the setup again but I don't know if the tivo needs the modem to work for the first call or if it can be through the network(I also don't know if the assigned ip is stored in the hard drive or a chip on the motherboard)
    4- try to find the ip on the tivo, but the tivo is not recognized by the network(and I don't know if I can find it using a serial connection (or how to look for it once I establish the connection)
    5-send the tivo out for repair(an option I don't want to consider right now.
    If anyone can suggest a solution or offer assistance, I would very much appreciate it.
    Thanks!

What error do you get when you use the internal modem?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X