Interactive TiVo Upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive TiVo Upgrade questions

Can I use the Interactive TiVo Upgrade to back up pre-recorded shows? And also can I use the Interactive TiVo Upgrade to create a backup (mirror image?) of my existing drive for future use?

If you wanted to back up your existing drive, with recordings, it would be massive. A 40gb drive, filled with recordings, would not be significantly less than 40gb.

You can't use the instructions to back up select recordings. You can, however, copy the entire drive onto another drive.

Comment

Thanks, If there are'nt many recorded shows can I still back up the drive? and does the back up drive have to be the same size? e.g 120gb to 120 gb?

Comment

Yes, you can do it. The destination file would be just the size of the actual recordings on the TiVo drive, not the size of the entire drive. So you'd just need a big chunk free on a FAT or EXT2 partition.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks, Can I transfer the files directly to the new drive or do I have transfer them to my pc then transfer it to the new drive? what if I'm using win xp which is in ntfs?

The next next Q might sound a little stupid but do the drives have to be exactly the same size e.g 250gb (target) vs 300gb (source)?
          Happy thanksgiving to all.

Comment

You are not moving just recordings. You are making a single-file image containing everything: Operating system and recordings.

You can use a larger drive, but not a smaller one.

Comment

Working...
            X