New project at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project at work!

here is a new project. Right Hand Drive conversion with a 300HP Subaru Sti engine!

BEFORE:

CAR IMPORTED FROM JAPAN:

BEGINNING OF TRANSFORMATION:

Its # 505 out of 2000. very rare car from japan!

Comment

Wow - will that thing ever work? That looks like craziness.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Should be running and complete next week. 2-week process from start to finish. I need a Carputer now w/ digital cable and a Tivo please.

Comment

This is insane. You are moving parts from the limited edition from Japan (which is only the front half of the car?) into another car? You imported half of a car from Japan??

Comment

I totally forgot about this thread. I finished the car a month ago or so and is insanely fast.

I imported the front clip from Japan and the complete interior with all wiring and what not. Someone in Japan stripped the car and sent me the half cut with everything. I was lucky to find this car since there were only 2000 produced. In Japan, when a car hits 40,000KM they must pay a hefty tax or sell the car to a junk yard for "breaking".

I used my US chassis and convertaed partial spots on the firewall in order to adapt the RHD parts. The car looks identicle to the real one that is found in UK and Japan. Its a very limited edition.

Comment

[drool]

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I have to ask...why? Usually it's done the other way in an attempt to make it road legal in the US, but I'm sure you already knew that. Or is it that you just wanted to to it because it's a US-spec car and you got your hands on a limited edition JDM-spec car? What model was it...STi version 6 or STi RA version 6?

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
              This is insane. You are moving parts from the limited edition from Japan (which is only the front half of the car?) into another car? You imported half of a car from Japan??
              That's the only "easy" way to import a non US-spec model into the US...cut the car in half. I know a lot of people who have done that for their Sube's.
              Last edited by Moses; 03-14-2008, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                [drool]

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I have to ask...why? Usually it's done the other way in an attempt to make it road legal in the US, but I'm sure you already knew that. Or is it that you just wanted to to it because it's a US-spec car and you got your hands on a limited edition JDM-spec car? What model was it...STi version 6 or STi RA version 6?
                Ver 6 Sti RA V-Limited Type WRC (only 2,000 produced)

I sold the car for 3x the amount of a USDM STI. RHD is rare and people want it.

Comment

you sold it?? i thought you'd want to keep it for yourself. like a collector's item or something. you did say that it's rare.

Comment

Working...
                  X