DirecTivo main drive died - options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTivo main drive died - options?

I upgraded my Hughes SD-DVR40 standard definition DirecTivo to add a second (120GB) drive a couple years ago. This week the 40GB primary drive died and unfortunately I can't find the backup copy I made of it back then.

So I think the primary drive is out of the picture. I need to take the secondary drive and make it the primary. But I don't have the software image to copy onto it.

However, I also happen to have a Hughes HR10-250 high definition DirecTivo. What if I copied that drive onto the 120GB drive. Would that work? Anyone have experience with this?

Otherwise, it seems I'm looking at buying a new primary drive from Weeknees.

Thanks!

The HR10-250 software will not work in your SD-DVR model. Assuming your slave drive is in good physical condition, yes, you would need to restore the OS to that in order for it to work. But, as you may already know, you cannot replace the primary drive and drop it in with that slave drive without formatting both in Linux.

Our suggestion would be a replace drive kit to be used by itself, available here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-hughes-sddvr40.php
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X