Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDVR2, master drive is on center ide plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDVR2, master drive is on center ide plug?

I have my HDVR2 open...some years ago i added a seocnd drive from weaknees and followed the instuctions carefully, it has worked fine.
    I look at it now and i see the drives are positioned as such...
    The original 40GB drive( A?) is jumpered to master, BUT is on the CENTER ide plug of the tivo ide cable.
    The upgrade drive that i added is jumpered( no jumpers present) to slave and is connected to the plug at the end of the tivo ide cable.

Is this right? I ask, because in all the "how tos" they seem to indicate that the master drive should be on the end of the cable with the slave in the middle. it that just in the PC configuration?

Reallity is..the cable would strech to accomodate that configuration in the tivo.
    I dont see any instructions about where to place the drives on the cable within the directivo.

My concern lies in th fact that when i copy the "B" drive( to replace it) using upgrade configuration #4 and place them back in the tivo as they are now, something might get screwed up.
    Am i losing my mind?

The label of most hard drives will indicate correct jumper position for master, master with slave, cable select, slave, etc.

If you're using a dual drive configuration and both drives are properly "jumpered," then it won't matter which position on the cable they occupy. Generally speaking, however, IDE cables should be connected to cable select drives this way:

blue connector: motherboard
    middle connector: slave drive
    end connector (i.e. furthest from the blue connector): master drive
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
    X