WeaKnees Upgrade Problem (SAT-60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeaKnees Upgrade Problem (SAT-60)

I just received my 2 HD upgrade from WeaKnees (2 x 160Gb). This is my 3rd upgrade from them and the others went very well. I am using a Sony SAT-60.

When I installed both new hd's (A/B), my remote did not work. The unit booted and came up, all channels worked via front panel controls. I called them and was told that the remote (black peanut type) I am using will not work on the Sony. Well it did and does..

I put the original drive back in the Sony and all booted up and worked, even the remote. So I knew the unit worked.

I then started the process of troubleshooting the unit with both new drives, original drive, hd cable and power supply cable. What I did was to test everything in with every combination. Original drive with new and old hd cable, new and old power cable, with Drive B only (slave). I did not try drive A and the original drive as both were considered masters. All worked great with the black peanut remote, except when the the new drive A and B were installed together. Again, with the new drives (A/B) installed, the unit booted up, had channels and sound but the remote would not work the unit. The remote still operated the other equipment in my system (tv, etc), just did not work on the SAT-60.

I then tried to boot up with only the new Drive A (Master) and got an endless power on/off loop.

I now have my original drive with the new drive B working with the black peanut remote. I now have a series of questions that I would appreciate any feedback on?

1) My ird labels state it is a Sony T-60, but when I did a receiver information from the menu it tells me its a Philips DSR-6000. Is this normal?

2) How can I determine if the B drive is actually working and providing me additional hours of capacity?

3) Do the hd's really need to go into the frame slots as identified by the instructions? or can they go into either of the two slots as long as the master is identified and configured?

4) With new A drive not booting up all by itself, but will boot up with new Drive B, what could be the issue?

5) Why wouldnt the remote work with the new hard drives installed but will work with the original drive and/or Drive B installed?

Thanks in advance for your comments, Jim (Maryland)
    Last edited by Golfer382000; 08-04-2007, 08:52 AM.

It sounds like you should email us directly.

Comment

Working...
    X