Need Tivo To Upgrade to 8.1 to Use WPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Tivo To Upgrade to 8.1 to Use WPA

Hi, my Tivo branded series 2 was running 8.1 software as of 2 months ago. About 6 or 7 weeks ago I upgraded the storage with a great Weaknees 400gig pre-formatted hard drive. Worked like a champ and my Tivo was back in business right away.

Now however, I cannot get it to upgrade back to 8.1 in order to use WPA security. I purchased the appropriate Tivo wireless adapter and am waiting to install it and use it. One interesting thing, my Tivo brand is listed as 'Comcast' in the System Information panel, even though it is a Tivo brand.

Any tips on how to get it upgraded ? I have forced dozens of 'phone home' calls and they work great. I have unplugged and cold booted, but no 8.1 waiting in the shadows to appear. I have to use WPA, required by my employer as I considered going to specific mac addy's with WEP security.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Kim

Sounds like you might have the wrong software on the drive. If it says Comcast, then we sent software for a 130040 or 230040 unit. What exact model do you have?

Having the wrong software would explain the inability for the OS to upgrade itself.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

TiVo TCD140060

I have a Tivo branded 60 hour series 2 unit. The top of my Sys Info screen says Comcast and my service number does begin with 140.

Kim

Comment

Working...
      X