MFSADD causes DiretTiVO to just restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFSADD causes DiretTiVO to just restart

I added a 160 gb Seagate HD to my existing 40gb Factory drive and for some reason the tivo just restarts over and over again.

I set the jumpers up master and slave verified that I could see the 40gb and 160 gb drives. I issued the mfsadd got a you have succefully added 160 + hours message. Hit ctrl-alt-del and shutdown. Put everything back together and it just restarts over and over. Any suggestions.

I have succesfully done this on another TIVO in my family room already.

Thanks

Kai,

I reconnected them to the computer and reissued the command and I get:

Current estimated standalone size: 223 hours
    nothing to add!

Is there a way to undo what I have just done if I did not make a backup?
    Last edited by kai51; 11-24-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

What command did you use to add the second drive?

Comment

mfsadd -r 4 -x /dev/hda /dev/hdb

a -factory original drive
        b - new drive

Comment

That sounds right, and if you are getting that "nothing to add" message,then it sounds like the command took fine. Are you sure you aren't facing some sort of installation problem?

Comment

fairly sure. I am using the same cable that I am using to prep the drives in the TIVO. Shouldn't need to reset any jumpers. My ide cable is seated probery. 1 is on the Red pin. The only thing that is different from the PC to the Tivo is the Y powersplitter, but it feel like it they both are running. I was reading something that it may be the swap file and to try TPIP but I was afraid to. I don't care if I lose my recordings. Is there anyway to get it back?

BTW thanks for all your help.

Comment

Unfortunately, there's probably nothing you can really do beyond rechecking the cables and jumpers. Rebooting often means a bad drive, so your next step should be to fully test each drive with the manufacturers' diagnostics.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X