No announcement yet.

backup failed from original tivo series 2 to another tivo series 2 hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup failed from original tivo series 2 to another tivo series 2 hard drive

I had loss of power failure during tivo software update on my 1st tivo. So took out original drive ( failed update during power failure ) and with instacake , installed 250 gb new drive and tivo works fine. (call tivo X)

I just got series 2 tivo with first 3 digits service no being same with tivo x. (call it tivo Y)

What I want to do: Restore my failed original drive (from tivo x)
    Now With upgrade insutructions for restoring one original drive to another original drive ( both original drive has same capacity),from http://tivo.upgrade-instructions.com/step4.php

"TiVo Replace Upgrade Instructions for your 540040:"

I did everything as mentioned.

put working original drive as primarry master ( from tivo y)
    put failed upgarde drive as secondary salve ( from tivo x )
    boot up with MFStools 2.0

and use command with appropriate modifications

:mfsbackup -f 9999 -so - /dev/hda | mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -xzpi - /dev/hdd

and I get this..
    /devhdd: no such file or directory 09%
    restore failed: unable to open destination device for writing

Can anyone help. ?

I assumes that Original drive(from tivo X) do not work due to corrupt tivo software (power failure during tivo software update) and I can salvage that with trasfering tivo software from original drive from tivo y
    Last edited by kapadia; 08-18-2007, 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Generally if the original drive failed, the error would point there, but that still may be the case. Have you tried testing the /dev/hda drive?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Orignila drive from new tivo- hda ( Tivo Y) shows 40 gb capacity and original drive from old tivo - hdz (tivo X - corrupted original drive) also shows 40 gb capacity.. I am tryint to attach screen shot from the computer screen

kapadia
      Attached Files

Comment

sombody please help

can someone look at the screen shot that i attached with previous message and help me.

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X