Severe Error Has Occurred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Error Has Occurred

Ok, I need help. After I purchased a maxtor 160 gb drive from Fry's, I copied over the old 40 gb drive with all recordings intact. Everything went fine. I installed the new replacement drive, and checked it out. everything worked great. all shows were there, they played paused, rewound. I could record new shows as well. then, when my wife tried to do a search for a show, all of a sudden the "Please Wait" screen came on. We waited for about 30 minutes, when I decided that I wasn't waiting any longer. I tried pushing all of the buttons on the tivo, nothing, so I unplugged it, waited 15 seconds, then plugged it back in.

The power up screen came on, then the green screen of death came on. It said something about a severe error occuring and having to wait 3 hours with it plugged in. I figured that watevever the problem it was somthing I caused. So, since I didn't replace the small IDE ribbon, that may have been the cause. I unplugged the Tivo, installed a brand new IDE ribbon, and replaced the cover and hooked it up. Same green screen of death. So now I am in the process of re-imaging my new 160 gb drive.

Can anyone help me? did I do somthing wrong? One of the things it may be is this. Prior to my initial re-image of the hard drive, I almost let windows XP boot up with the old drive attached. It got to the Windows XP screen, before I could shut the PC down. I don't know if it had time to mess up the boot sector. I assumed that if it had I would have not been able to use the new drive in the Tivo box at all.

Please help!

Frozen again

So, I re imaged my tivo, and it froze up again on the Search for Programs screen. It currently says "Please Wait." It only said it after I typed in the first letter of the show I was going to search for. I am gonna let it ride and see if the please wait goes away...

Does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong?

Comment

My guess is you've got some software corruption there and that the larger drive will need to be re-imaged with a "clean" version of the OS.
      That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
      X