Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does new HD tivo have multi room viewing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does new HD tivo have multi room viewing??

Does anyone know if the new HD tivo have multi room viewing??

I know! It doesn't. And there are no known plans to include it, either.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

It's coming in November sometime.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=365225

robomeister

Comment

Yup - we're pretty happy to hear it!

Can't wait to see how long it takes to transfer an HD show over wireless.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I've got a 100Mb wired connection being pulled to my Series 3 in anticipation of the forthcoming good tidings in Nov. My DRT400 is already too slow at 54Mb, so I'm hoping the wired connection will help. If I could figure out a way to get Gb ethernet on the Series 3, then I'd really be a happy man!

Comment

There's just no 1000 MB ethernet hardware on the Series3, sorry to say, so there isn't any way to do that.

But 100 MB wired is a lot faster than 54 MB wireless - it should be more than twice as fast since you remove a lot of latency in the connection.

Comment

If I have a Series 3, am I better off getting another Series 3 when MRV comes out in November, or will the HD units be fine? Doesn't look like much advantage to Series 3 over the HD. I have a wired gigabit network, but I guess I'll only get 100mb out of it.

Comment

We don't have all of the details yet, but our guess is that HD programs that can be transfered (some won't be OK'd for transfer) will go between the S3 and the HD without a problem.

Comment

Sounds good. Any reason to choose one over the other? Do the remotes use the same coding, because that may cause a potential problem. I have a Harmony Remote 890 (?). If I press a button in one room, is it going to be working on both TiVos? If so, how does one solve this problem?

I know I should wait for the feature to be released, but do you think I can assume if I'm picking up OTA HD programming, there should be no issues in transfer?

Thanks,

James

Comment

The remotes do use the same codes, but you can set them (and your Harmony) to use different codes for each unit. More info is here:

http://customersupport.tivo.com/Laun...b-8abbe082577d

We do think OTA HD content will be movable.

As far as choosing one over the other, see our TiVo HD and Series3 comparison.

Comment

Any word yet on when MRV will be available for Series 3 boxes? Think we'll know before the rebate runs out?

Comment

It is available now!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
                          It is available now!
                          Cool Beans!!! May order another Series 3

But I can order the Series 3 from Amazon, and buy the 750GB upgrade from WK for $399 and I end up saving $208 + I get to keep my original 30 hour drive. The only drawback is I can't get the extended warranty.

Since it's 2am here I can't call now, but will call tomorrow to discuss options, and confirm availability of MRV and multiservice discounts with my current lifetime subscription Series 3.

James
                          Last edited by jasel; 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Right, not only can you not get the extended warranty, but you will have no warranty at all on the unit. Once you open the unit to install a drive, you void the warranty on the unit you bought from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                            X