Directv Series2 HDVR2 Phone issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv Series2 HDVR2 Phone issue

Tivo did a software upgrade last week and now I cannot connect via phone. Same issue on second unit.

Pretty strange to have the same problem on two units. What error message do you get? Do you have VoIP phone lines?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The error message varies. Yes, I have VOIP but it has never been a problem.

Comment

VoIP providers do tend to change the way their systems work from time to time, and this often wreaks havoc with the modems in TiVos. Our TiVo external modem replacement really does a good job of working with pretty much all VoIP providers save for Packet8.

Comment

I can try that. But, I hear your ext modems have problems too. What is the warranty on the product?

Comment

Six months on modems. Where did you hear that they have problems?

Comment

on this forum. is it plug and play or do I need to hook the modum up to a PC first and run Hyperterminal?

Comment

The modem is formatted here before it ships out. You would need to adjust your dialing options, and the brief instructions for doing that are included in the modem kit.
                That's all there is to it!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jason View Post
                  The modem is formatted here before it ships out. You would need to adjust your dialing options, and the brief instructions for doing that are included in the modem kit.
                  What type of dialing options are you talking about? I have Comcast Digital Voice and I am not aware of any options that are available for me to change with the service.

Comment

It's a dialing prefix - all on the TiVo screens.

Comment

Working...
                    X