Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Connect a S3 with S2 DVD Recorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Connect a S3 with S2 DVD Recorder?

I'm thinking about taking the Series 3 Leap as I buy a new HDTV in the coming weeks, but I have a Humax DVD recorder that I would hate to lose for SDTV recording and dvd playback.

Can I connect both the Series 3 (as the primary Tivo enabled device) and the Humax DVD w/Tivo Recorder to the same TV and each other, so I can use the Series 3 to view TV generally and record content to the Hard Drive, and then have the Humax burn the SDTV content to DVD's?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

Sure. You'll need a subscription for each unit (you probably know about the lifetime transfer option) and the Humax will still only record/show/burn in SD, but that would work fine.

You'd set each to a different input on your HDTV, and then you'd use the remote addressing (see the info at the bottom of the page here) to make sure that each remote, or each position of the 1-2 switch, controls only one TiVo.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Record to DVD

Are there any options for connecting a non-tivo dvd recorder to a system with a series 3 tivo and be able to transfer tivo recording to the separate dvd recorder? I may give my Humax 800 to a friend, so I will need the above solution. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the size of HD recordings other than to know it is much bigger than SD. Could I play with recording quality to cut down the size of the recording or is that not an option. I did not buy a series 3 yet and won't until I resolve or give up on this option.

Comment

Sure - a separate DVD recorder can be attached just like a VCR. You'd only get recordings in Standard Definition until HD DVD recorders really hit the market.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X