Format issues with HR10-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format issues with HR10-250

Up until about 4-6 weeks ago when I switched to a program that was HD (either from the satellite or OTA) my TV presented it in the correct aspect ratio. At some point something changed and now I have to switch format on my HR10-250, otherwise it looks wrong vs the other format I was viewing. For example if I go from an SD program to an HD program the picture is stretched vertically. I need to get up, go to the HR10-250 and press the format button to get it to go to 1080 to look right. Ditto when going the other direction.

Is there something I might have done to make this happen? Is there a setting that might have changed on my TV (Sony WEGA) either because someone changed it or over the last power outage that I can set back? Or is this something brought on by a software update from Directv?

Thanks in advance,
    Roger

Try putting the format button in the 1080i position, and then using the Ratio button on your remote control to adjust the other issues.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

There is no ratio button on my remote control. Any other ideas? Any idea why this would have changed?

Comment

I believe the "window" button will serve the same function as the ratio.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X