"Welcome Powering Up" on two different Tivo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
    That really sounds like a bad drive to me . . .
    Originally posted by Cahillj View Post
    My HR-10 and Hughes SDDVR just started doing the same thing three weeks ago. My Hughes unit has a brand new replacement drive in it I got from WK less than three months ago. I struggle to think both of my hard drives went at the same time. How do I get rid of the new software update???
    Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
    You would have to have your drives reprogrammed with an earlier version of the software. We'd recommend that you try to stick it out until a fix comes down for this bug.
    Last time I had a drive go bad it got noisy, had problems powering up, and (I think) resulted in some playback problems. I don't ever recall seeing reboots during playback, but I may be forgetting them. My symptoms now are not the same (which I suppose is no guarantee it isn't a drive problem).

I've seen 6.3e threads on various web forums debating whether the recent problems are due to bad drives or due to 6.3e bugs. Like Cahillj, there seem to be people with relatively new drives having problems, and people reporting multiple machines starting to exhibit these symptoms at the same time (which seems to argue against a hard drive problem).

My drive is less than a year old. It's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way to determine whether this is a hard drive problem or a software problem.

Comment

Whenever there is a software update, there is an uptick in users reporting problems with their TiVos. This has to do with the way space on a drive is used, and previously inactive parts of drives becoming active after an update.

Given this history, when problems start cropping up after an update, we presume that they are drive related, because historically, they are. In this case, it does appear that there might be issues with 6.3e. We have had more than one customer have the same problems with brand new drives.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        Believe it or not, we don't actually have a specific page for "I want to send my almost new DB35s back to WK to be reprogrammed to 6.2a." But just send an email to us at [email protected] and we can go through the options.
        Here is the URL
        http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php
        Prep a Single Add-On Drive
        If you have a drive you'd like to add to your TiVo and you'd like it formatted, we can do it.
        end quote

What fooled me is "Add-On". Guess the "A" and "B" should have told me that Add-On actually means "Replace existing drive with user supplied drive"

Comment

Working...
        X