satelight download fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satelight download fails

I have a Hughes gxcebotd that I purchased last yr from ebay it had been modified to hold 165 hr's and I had no problems with it until last night,I just got back from vacation and around 8pm I noticed that the unit wasn't recording a program that was in my wishlist so I switched to watch live tv and I got a message onscreen saying that it was searching for a signal on sat 1 & 2, when it didn't show a signal after awhile I went to the settings menu and told it to download the satelight signal, it would get to 40% and then stick there for about 3 min's after which it would continue downloading until it hit 77 % at which time the screen would switch and show a failed download notice I retried this several times but it kept doing the same thing so I switched the cables from my other tivo (Samsung) and tried again but got the same results but the Samsung tivo works fine,I found a solution in one of the help forums and tried it but still no luck, I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas how to solve this or have my tuners gone bad as I can only get a signal on tuners 1-3 and the other 29 show no signal at all,thanks
    Last edited by mailman; 11-28-2006, 07:20 PM.

It's pretty rare to have both tuners go out at once, but it is not unheard of. Have you just tried rebooting the unit (pulling the plug and restarting)?

Comment

Yea that's the 1st thing I tried and then I left it unpluged all night but it didn't make any difference

Comment

Maybe there was high voltage on the inputs while you were away. In any event, that does sound like two bad inputs.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ok then if their was a voltage spike then how come it didn't affect my Samsung tivo or my Hughes Reciver box ,they both are fine it seems strange that it would only affect 1 of the 3 since they are all pugged into the same outlet,but regardless of whatever happened I definatly agree with your assumption that the tuners have gone bad ,oh well, say la vie ! guess I'll just save the programs to VCR or to DVD since I have a stand alone Dvd recorder and then decide what to do with the unit.

Comment

I wish I had a good answer, but we see it all the time where some tuners get hosed by a voltage spike and others are fine. There are lots of differences - lengths of runs, quality of cable, connectors, grounding, etc.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X