Clear & Delete problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear & Delete problem

I had a Samsung SR4180 D.TV tivo that I had taken the factory 80 gig H. D. out of and replaced it with a new Maxtor 200 gig H.D.that I had weaknees format as the new primary drive, eventually the dial in quit working so I pulled the drive out and put it into another Samsung Sr 4080 I had sitting around when I started it up I kept getting a hardware problem notice so I went into the system menu & told it to do a clear & delete everything ,so a few min's after it started the process I just happened to glance at my primary active unit and noticed that the red light on it was blinking just like the one I was trying to clear & it dawned on me that I had forgot to block off the primary unit before I did the setup so it was also doing the delete & clear process and I tried to use the sending unit to stop it but the primary unit wouldn't respond to the sending units commands so I unplugged the unit,but when it was plugged back in after a few min's as soon as it powered up it went right back to the clear & delete process so I unplugged it again & left it unplugged overnight thinking maybe unplugging it longer would stop the process, but that didn't work either so I have unplugged it again and have left it upluged, but I need to know how do I get it to stop the clear & delete process ? ,like I said this is my primary & only active unit and the H.D. is almost full so I don't want to lose my programs so is there any way of stopping the clear & delete process once it starts ? or am I going to have to put the H.D. into my computer and download the programs to save them ?
    Last edited by mailman; 09-13-2007, 12:47 PM.

All I can say is, I'm really sorry to hear that, and I totally empathize. Once, when I was still upgrading TiVos in my house, I did a clear and delete on a customer's TiVo I was upgrading in my den. Sure enough, I did exactly what you did. My wife and kids were not happy. Not at all.

So the short answer to your question is: no, there's nothing you can do.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

clear & delete follow up to reply

So I can't stop it ,but since I caught it & unplugged it to stop it, at the very beginning ( within the 1st min ) does that mean that all the programs are gone already ? if I take the drive out of the unit & stick it into my computer might there still be some programs left on it I can download off the drive to my computer ? I thought I saw somewhere on another post where you could do that, I have a new 250g H. D. I want to format & replace the stock 100g H.D.with will the unit want to continue the clear & delete process to the new drive also ? or will it realize it's a new drive & start up & wk ok ? one things for sure I WON'T make that mistake again !!

Comment

Once you hit thumbs down three times and press enter, the deed is done. No chance of hooking that up to your computer and pulling off any shows. But you should be able to use the image from that drive to format your 250. Follow the instructions for a settings only copy available at:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X